Monday, January 3, 2011

New Baby Advice - Diapers and Wipes

When choosing a diaper for my baby boy, I had been told to go with Pampers Swaddlers and not even bother trying anything else. So, I did, and I was very happy. You can start with one small pack of size N for Newborn and then see what size baby you have. You might be able to move up to size 1 pretty quickly.  I have friends that used other brands and were satisfied some of the time.  But I never wanted to spend the money on "experiementing" with different brands!

As baby grows out of Swaddlers, the choices for Pampers are Baby Dry and Cruisers. The Baby Dry seem to be a bit cheaper, but the Cruisers are better once baby gets active. I went with Baby Dry's to save money and have had a few times where he has wet his clothes, but they hold poo in really well.

And if baby starts suddenly wetting their PJ's at about 7 or 8 months, go for Huggies Overnights. These are incredibly absorbent.

For wipes, again, don't bother trying anything else. Go straight for the Pampers Sensitive wipes. I started with these but for messy poos, it was kind of hard to get baby's butt clean. I had heard that Huggies wipes were a little tougher material and worked better on messes. I bought a huge economy box of them and baby got a terrible diaper rash. They are still sitting in my closet. I thought maybe I could use them some day, but another friend said her child continued to get a rash from them because of his sensitive skin. Obviously they work for some people or they wouldn't be on the market, but if your baby has sensitive skin, skip them.  If you use Pampers Sensitive wipes and need something more heavy duty, just use a washcloth, warm water and gentle soap.

As I type this, Pampers is having a terrific promotion. Each packet of wipes or box of diapers has what they call Pampers Points. You can set up an account on their web site and collect your points for fun prizes like Legos and children's books. And they might even send you a coupon or two.

Other places to get coupons:
Occasionally, the Pampers parent company, Proctor & Gamble, puts one in the newspaper in the P&G Saver. Target also puts out diapers coupons as does Babies R Us. I also bought a "LOT" of 10 Pampers coupons on eBay.

If you have any feedback about other brands of diapers and wipes, please let me know and I will add it to this blog!  info@mommywisdom.net

No comments:

Post a Comment