Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A family friendly EASY recipe

I try new recipes all the time.  What did we do before the Internet?  I find so many delicious and easy recipes from the various cooking web sites.  Tonight, I had some ground beef, but didn't feel like Sloppy Joe's or hamburgers.  I Googled the words "beef" and "rice" and came up with a few good sounding Spanish rice recipes.  I tweaked and came up with my own version and it was delicious.  I was very proud of myself because I have never actually made up my own recipe (even if what I really did was combine other people's recipes!)

Here it is for you to try!


Spanish Rice with Beef

Ingredients:

  • 1 box pre-packaged Spanish Rice
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoons salt
  • 1 or 2 teaspoons brown sugar, optional
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. ketchup

Preparation:

Start Spanish Rice cooking.  I like the brand Near East.  Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet brown ground beef. Add onion, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until onion is tender. Add ketchup; simmer 15 minutes.

Combine beef mixture with rice. Stir and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment