Sunday, April 29, 2012

Techy Advice - My Fave App Part II


Now that I am a nursing mom again, I spend a lot of time sitting in my son’s glider chair, trying to nurse him to sleep.  This time around, I have an iPhone to keep me company!  And while I do catch up on my news via The New York Times App, The Today Show App and the Yahoo News App, I have been enjoying some of the free games that I have downloaded.

Everyone has surely heard of Words with Friends, thanks to Alec Baldwin who was kicked off a plane because he wouldn’t turn his phone off (because he was trying to finish a turn playing Words.)  I really enjoy this game because I can take a turn at my leisure and spend as much time as I want.  I also like Scramble with Friends, but hate that it is timed!  I feel like I get on a roll just as the clock is ticking down to zero.  If you aren’t familiar with it, you play against a friend, and you have two minutes to come up with as many words as you can find in a scrambled mess of letters. 

And finally, my new fave is Draw Something.  You take turns with your friends playing Pictionary.  It can get pretty tricky drawing Shrek and Kanye just using your fingertip.  But it is a fun challenge to come up with the drawing in such a small space.  Some other examples of choices have been “butcher,” “skiing,” “turkey,” and “Godzilla.”

Anyone have another game for me to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment