Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just for Fun - My Summer Reading List 2011

I am in a great book club that reads a lot of thought provoking books.  In addition to the book club book, I read 2-3 others a month.  I love getting suggestions from friends, and even more, I love giving suggestions of good books to read.  I enjoy reading historical fiction and memoirs, but also the occasional "beach read" which means it is easy and fast.

Whether you are an avid reader, or just need to find a book for your summer vaca, here are my suggestions.
My All-Time Faves:
Memoirs of a Geisha
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Cutting for Stone
Outlander (8-book series)
The Help
Water for Elephants
The Forbidden Garden

Memoirs:
Angela's Ashes
The Glass Castle
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust

Historical Fiction:
The Paris Wife
The Other Boleyn Girl
The Apothecary's Daughter
Girl with the Pearl Earring

Thought-provoking:
Mudbound
House Rules
The Hours
White Oleander

Classics:
Frankenstein
Wives and Daughters
The Beautiful and Damned
A Moveable Feast
1984
Animal Farm

Just for Fun:
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Secret Life of Bees
Bridget Jones' Diary
Valley of the Dolls
Hunger Games (3-book series)
Twilight (4-book series)
Harry Potter (7-book series)
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (3-book series)
Any Chelsea Handler book

All the Fun Books I Hope to Read this Summer:
Bossypants
Stories I only Tell my Friends
Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me
Place of Yes

Do you have a suggestion for me?  Please let me know, I love a good book! 
Happy Summer Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment