Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pregnancy - Must-Read Books!

Here are my top book recommendations for you during your first pregnancy.

What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg & Sandee Hathaway, B.S.N.- I loved this book. It took me a while to buy it because I thought it would freak me out. But, at about 14 weeks, when I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating knife pains near my ovaries, it would have been nice to have that book and know that it was a normal feeling - it was just my ligaments stretching.

Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy - What a good and easy read to really make you laugh!

A Child is Born by Lennart Nilsson - This is truly amazing, it shows you what a miracle baby making really is. It shows 3-D photography from before conception right up to birth. I hated science class, but I could not get enough of this book.

The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine - Another funny book that also has some fantastic tips. The only one I disagree with is her belief that you don't need a gliding ottoman to go with your glider. I love mine! And I had a nursing stool too, for the family room and it was essential.

Baby Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields - this is the best book ever! It gives ratings on everything you could possibly need, including bottles, maternity clothes, cribs, strollers, and on and on and on. I read this cover to cover and highlighted, took notes and marked pages.

Good luck and enjoy these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment